Monday 28 November 2016

Book Creator - from indifference to magnificence!

When I was first introduced to Book Creator several years back, I have to say I was a little indifferent.  I couldn't really see back then how it did anything different to other apps such as Keynote or Google Slides.  How very wrong I was!  Book Creator is now our most widely used app, and when used in conjunction with the accessibility features of the iPad (0r Android/Windows 10), it has allowed our pupils to communicate their thoughts in whole new ways.  It is intuitive, and really does make the best of facilities such as the camera and microphone which are built in to the iPad.

Update:  Book Creator is now available online too!



We use Book Creator for:
  • e-portfolios of computing work
  • as a teacher tool for recording evidence in, for example, Forest Schools
  • maths lessons, for pupils to take evidence of achievements that are ordinarily tricky to record, such as creating 3d shapes
  • science lessons for taking photographs and describing
  • creating comic books
  • mindmaps
...and of course....making books.   I put together an 'Apps in a Flash' video to showcase what can be done with Book Creator.  I cannot recommend it highly enough.
Link to Book Creator in the iTunes store

No comments:

Post a Comment